- All Superinterfaces:
- Cloneable, CloneableSerializable, Serializable
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- AbstractConfidenceStatistic, AnalysisOfVarianceOneWay.Statistic, ChiSquareConfidence.Statistic, FisherSignConfidence.Statistic, FriedmanConfidence.Statistic, GaussianConfidence.Statistic, KolmogorovSmirnovConfidence.Statistic, LinearRegression.Statistic, MannWhitneyUConfidence.Statistic, MultipleComparisonExperiment.Statistic, ReceiverOperatingCharacteristic.Statistic, StudentTConfidence.Statistic, WilcoxonSignedRankConfidence.Statistic
public interface ConfidenceStatistic
- extends CloneableSerializable
An interface that describes the result of a statistical confidence test.
- Kevin R. Dixon
- Gets the probability that the null hypothesis is correct. That is,
the probability that two datasets were generated by the same
distribution. Generally, social scientists try to demonstrate that
NullHypothesisProbability less than 0.05 to show that distributions are
different. This is often called the "p-value" of a significance test.
- Probability of the null hypothesis, often called "p-value"
- Gets the statistic from which we compute the null-hypothesis probability.
In an ANOVA, this would be the "F" statistic. In a t-test, this would
be the "t" value. And so forth.
- Confidence statistic used to compute the null-hypothesis probability.